Unfortunately due to COVID19 restrictions we are temporarily closed
Social Support Program
The purpose of Social Support Programs are to support people living in the community to remain as independent as possible by providing a range of enjoyable and meaningful activities that enhance and maintain their skills and wellbeing.
By participating in these activities, people can enhance, practice or maintain their skills, enjoy social interaction with others, and participate in the community.
The Maldon Hospital Social Support Program offers
- Strength Training
- Social Groups and Outings These programs are supported by Commonwealth Home Support Program (CHSP) and Home And Community Care (HACC). They are to cater for people on pensions who are socially isolated. All participants are required to pay a small fee per session. Please discuss with our team if payment is difficult.
- Please contact us to discuss your individual needs on phone 5479 8622.
Active Adult Outing Group
This group is designed for people wishing to socialise in an active setting. Outing examples include going for a walk around the Botanical Gardens in Castlemaine, attending a local art gallery or musical event. The activities are designed by the group and a timetable is released in advance. Sessions run every second Thursday afternoon 12.30 to 3.30pm.
Participants are required to be living independently and able to walk greater than 500 meters unaided on uneven surfaces.
Attendance cost is $5 including transport from the Activity Centre Day Room, plus activity costs if applicable.
This group offers company and friendship to socially isolated people living in the community with health complaints. The group enjoys various activities and group outings. It is intended to assist clients to remain independent in their own home for as long as they wish to. Another function of the Monday Club is to provide respite for carers who may be caring for someone at home.
The purpose of these groups is to reduce the risk of falls, improve balance, general fitness levels, and overall health and wellbeing.
All participants MUST have a relevant doctors medical clearance prior to attending sessions. All session fees are $2.50.
“Active Adults Strength Training” Sessions
These sessions run at 8.30am Tuesday and Thursday. Both low and high level options are offered and are designed for participants who are:
- Able to walk without aids (i.e.: frames or walking stick)
- Able to provide their own transport to the activity room at the hospital.
“Chair Based Strength Training” Sessions
These sessions run at 10.30am Tuesday and Thursday. Both low and high level options are offered and are designed for participants who:
- Require walking aids (i.e. frames or walking stick)
- Require closer supervision when exercising (numbers are restricted to accommodate this)
- Require transport (available at a cost of $2.50 locally)