Due to COVID restrictions we were unable to have our usual face to face memorial service that is appreciated and special to us all. In order to recognise the value and impact of residents who have passed away in the past year, we have developed a short recording for you to watch.
Maldon Hospital has 28 beds across the two residential areas: Mountview Home and Jessie Bowe House.
We pride ourselves on our home like atmosphere with care provided by qualified nursing staff twenty-four hours of the day. The approach we take is based on knowing your life story and helps us know what activities and services are likely to assist you to maintain a dynamic and rewarding life.
We have an active and inclusive activities program whilst also supporting people to continue with hobbies. We acknowledge the vital and unique contribution all people have to their community and family. We believe in a collaborative partnership with all residents and staff to make Maldon Hospital a joyous place to live and work.
- All rooms are single bedroom with most having an ensuite.
- Some rooms have access to the outside gardens
- Several courtyards (a new secure courtyard planned for Jessie Bowe)with B-B-Q
- Three lounge areas with TV, videos, music facilities
- 28 beds, over two wings
- secure area for those living with dementia
- comfortable home like furniture
- ipads, ipods and internet
- Visiting hairdresser
- Pain management program where Registered nurses provide weekly massages
- Choice of menu
- Doctor clinic on site
- Regular resident and relatives meeting
- Large volunteer group participating in many interactions
- kiosk trolley
- Hospital bus for outings
- On site maintenance and cleaning services
- clothes laundry service
- Allied health services as required
The care fees at Maldon Hospital are set by the Australian Government and change bi-annually. For more information please look at the My Aged Care website.